30 Days of Confidence Boosting Tips: Day 6 – How to Walk Confidently
Confidence: belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities
Boost: to increase, to raise
Your body language, the way you walk, tells others if you’re confident or not. Yes, it’s true; you can project confidence with your body through your walk.
If you lack confidence it’s probably evident in your walk. Boost your confidence by practicing to walk confidently.
Why it’s important to walk with confidence
If someone doesn’t know you, they’ll form an opinion about you by the way you’re walking. When you have self-confidence, on a subconsciously level, you’ll radiate it outwardly to the people you meet. Like a magnet people will be drawn to you. They’ll want to speak to you, do business with you, and enjoy being in your presence.
Studies have shown that women who walk with confidence are less likely to become the victim of a crime. I don’t mean to infer that walking with confidence is the only thing that’s going to prevent you from becoming a victim. However, I did an in-depth research and found several studies that came to this conclusion.
Walking with confidence can be difficult at first, with practice, it will flow easily.
Here are nine tips to get you started!
- Make a decision to project confidence when you walk.
- Keep your head high and your chin up.
- Hold your shoulders up and back .(Relax and be at ease)
- Look straight ahead or look around.
- Make eye contact with some of the people you meet.
- Walk at a pace that’s comfortable.
- Be the authentic as you walk.
- Walk like you’re comfortable in your skin, and you love your life.
- As you walk, keep your inner dialogue positive.
Optimize your confidence level with these confidence boosting tips.
6. Walk with confidence
Photo: Flickr – She Walks In Beauty: By FaceMePLS
What do you think of this confidence boosting tip #5 “walk with confidence?” Your Re-tweets and Facebook mentions will make me smile.
Would you like to build your confidence? Please contact me about my confidence building coaching program. You’ll be unstoppable!
To the confident you!