30 Days of Confidence Boosting Tips: Day 6 – How to Walk Confidently
Confidence: belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities
Boost: to increase, to raise
Have you ever been draw to someone because of their walk? Each step he/she took resonated with something that was magnetic. That person was walking with confidence.
Your body language … the way you walk, tells others if you’re confident or not. Yes, it’s true; you can project confidence with your body through your walk.
How to walk with confidence
- Mentally make a decision that you’re going to project confidence when you walk
- Keep you head high and your chin up. (Not like a robot, in a relaxed and easy manner)
- Hold your shoulders up and back (don’t be rigid, relax and be at ease)
- Look straight ahead or look around (don’t walk with you head down).
- Make eye contact with some of the people you meet (don’t’ stare, a quick glance will do)
- Walk at a pace that’s comfortable
- Be the authentic you even as you walk
- Walk like you’re comfortable in your skin, and you love your life
- When you speak to yourself use words that appreciate you
Why is it important to walk with confidence?
If someone does not know you, they will form an opinion about you by the way you’re walking. When you have self-confidence, on a subconsciously level, you radiate it outwardly to the people you meet. Like a magnet people will be drawn to you. They’ll want to speak to you, do business with you, and enjoy being in your presence.
Studies have shown that women who walk with confidence are less likely to become the victim of a crime. I don’t mean to infer that walking with confidence is the only thing that’s going to prevent you from becoming a victim. However, I did an in-depth research and found several studies that came to this conclusion.
Women being victims of a crime is a serious and important topic, therefore, I will write a post on this specific topic in the near future.
If you’re not accustomed to walking confidently, it may seem difficult at first, with practice, it will happen easily.
Optimize your confidence level with these confidence boosting tips.
6. Walk with confidence
Photo: Flickr – She Walks In Beauty: By FaceMePLS
What do you think of this confidence boosting tip #5 “walk with confidence?” Your Re-tweets and Facebook mentions will make me smile.
Would you like to build your confidence? Please contact me about my confidence building coaching program. You’ll be unstoppable!
To the confident you!