Change is good and it’s refreshing
Making a change, letting go of the familiar for the unknown, can be scary … in reality it can be liberating.
If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. ~Gail Sheehy
Some of my coaching clients come to me because they are stuck or overwhelmed. In a state of inertia, they know they should make a change but the what, why, how and the when remained elusive.
Here are 3 simple steps to change anything in your life that I’ve used with my coaching clients with phenomenal results.
Step #1 Awareness:
First become aware of what it is you want to change … find a quiet place, sit with your feet flat on the floor, arms resting on your thighs, close your eyes, breathe slowly and rhythmically, connect to your thoughts, visualize, picture, feel or even taste what’s not working for you.
What do you want to change?
- I want my business to be successful
- I want to be happy
- I want to be a dynamic public speaker
- I want to be a better blogger
Step #2 Clarity
Be specific and detailed about the change – such as
- What must happen in your business for it to be successful?
- What do you need to experience for you to allow your happiness?
- How will you know you’re a dynamic speaker?
- How will you know you’ve become a better blogger?
Being specific and detailed will bring about the change more quickly.
Here are specific statements of change:
- I will increase my gross sales by 10% each month for the next 12 months
- I will help 2 clients, each week, to live the life of their dreams
- Becoming confident and raising my self esteem will ignite my happiness
- Being offered two speaking engagements per month reflects my public speaking success.
- Adding 10 new subscribers per week shows that I’ve become a better blogger.
Step #3 Action
What are you willing to do to bring about the change? You need specific action steps and it helps if you write them down.
Here are a few examples:
- I will attend more networking events to attract new clients
- I will cut out unnecessary spending and reduce my over-head
- I will do something each day to build my self esteem and my confidence
- I will spend my time with people who believe in me
- I will only engage in activities that empower me
- I will join Toastmasters
- I will emulate the dynamic speakers I admire.
- I will take the time to study successful bloggers.
- I will research the content for each blog post.
These three steps should help you to bring about change in any area of your life. However, if you have strong resistance to accepting the change, you will need to work on your subconscious programming (your mindset). That, my friend, is my next blog post.
Thanks for stopping what do you think of these 3 steps to change anything in your life? I would appreciate your feed-back and your Facebook mentions and Re-tweets always make me smile.
To your magnificence!
Are you finding it difficult to make an important change in your life? Contact me for a free strategy session, my coaching will help you to move forward with confidence and clarity.