“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of the most important things entrepreneurs need to know for their success is their WHY. Your ‘why’ doesn’t have anything to do with making money. If money is the driving force for doing what you do, happiness will elude you, and you’ll lose interest and give up when the going gets tough.
My WHY (my passionate purpose) is helping entrepreneurs with their mindset for success. My professional why, makes my personal why possible, it gives me the freedom, flexibility and resources to spend time with my family (especially my granddaughter) and do the things I want to do.
Your ‘why’ influences your daily decisions. Without your Why there’s no vision. Without a vision your life lacks clarity and focus. Without clarity and focus, you’re existing not living.
Without a vision you can’t maximize your potential ~Adalia
Your ‘why’ is your motivating force. You’ll remain confident on your darkest days. Obstacles will strengthen your resolve. Challenges will put you on a path of self- discovery, and hurdles will become your stepping stones. Your ‘why‘ will turn you into a magnet for the ‘how’ to achieve your results.
Here’s how to find your ‘why’ (it’s not about what you do)
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Answer the 10 questions below. Your answers will help you to identify your WHY.
1. If money was not an issue what would you be doing today?
2. What is your brilliance? (what are you good at)
3. How can you use your brilliance to serve others?
4. What does success mean to you? Make sure it isn’t someone else’s meaning.
5. What are you most passionate about?
6. Is your passion part of your everyday life?
8. If you could change the world, what would you change?
9. If you could make someone’s life better, how would you do it?
10. Is there a group, organization, cause or individual that speaks to you?
It’s a wrap
You’re going to drift aimlessly through life if you don’t know your ‘why.’ Knowing your ‘why’ weakens all your success stoppers.
Other Resource: Steve Pavlina
Do you know your why?
If not knowing your ‘why’ is holding you back and you’re ready for a change? You’ll benefit from my FREE strategy session. Contact me today. You’ll be glad you did.
If you enjoyed reading this post, be sure to fill out this form to receive my blog post updates by e-mail, leave a comment below and share this with your family and! 🙂