Do not let another day go by where your dedication to other people’s opinions is greater than your dedication to your own emotions!” ― Steve Maraboli
I found this inspirational video on YouTube about Validation, and it made me realize the importance of self-validation.
Being acknowledged by others (being validated) is a confidence booster. But what happens to your confidence and self-esteem if it’s taken away or you don’t get it?
Self-Validation Empowers You
Self-validation is the foundation for rock solid confidence and healthy self-esteem. When you depend on external factors to feel good about yourself, you become vulnerable to things you can’t control.
Self-validation is empowering – it means you believe in yourself and your worthiness and that is the mindset for success.
The video is about a garage attendant who not only validates your parking, he validates who YOU are. He makes you smile. He uplifts you with his kind words and compliments. There are a few twists and turns in the video and lots of awesomeness.
There were several inspirational moments that made me say “AHA.”
My AHA moments
1. A smile is a gift that can easily be shared. But the boomerang effect is priceless.
Here are a few of Mother Teresa’s quotes on the ripple effect of a smile.
Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
Peace begins with a smile.
Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
2. Don’t allow anyone to put you on a pedestal, when you don’t live up to their expectations, they’ll pull you down and step over you.
3. Self-validation is within your control, external validation is not.
4. Being told you’re awesome and amazing is a beautiful thing. However, what people think shouldn’t define who you are.
5. You never know what’s going in someone’s life. Don’t take it personally when someone ignores you.
6. Remain true to who you are.
7. Be generous with your compliments.
8. Your reward for being kind will come from unexpected places.
9. When you help others, you’ll benefit from the law of reciprocity when you least expect it.
For your inspiration – the VALIDATION video
It will be 14 minutes well spent and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Validation Video YouTube http://youtu.be/Cbk980jV7Ao
Do you need the stamp of approval from others to feel good about yourself?
If the need for external validation keeps you from believing in yourself – you’ll benefit from my FREE strategy session. Contact me today. You’ll be glad you did.
If you enjoyed reading this post, fill out this form to receive my blog post updates by e-mail, AND/OR leave a comment below and share this with your family, friends and Social Media. – Thank you!:-)
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net