Words cannot express how important my mother was and is (even though she’s passed on) to me. There’s always a song in my heart, a poem on my lips and love and appreciation in my thoughts for my extraordinary mom.
Quotes and sayings about moms
There are some timeless, inspirational quotes and sayings about mothers across the web, I collected 10 of them to share with you.
I hope one or more of these quotes remind you of your mom. If you are not speaking to your mom (I’m surprised so many people aren’t), now is a good time to make amends. It doesn’t matter who’s right or wrong, be the hero in your relationship and reach out to her.
Here are the 10 tweetable, timeless, inspirational quotes and sayings about mothers. Share and Enjoy!
1. A mother is a person who seeing there are only 4 pieces of pie for 5 people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan Tweet It!
2. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love~Mildred B. Vermont Tweet It!
3. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.~Irish Proverb Tweet It!
4. The sweetest sounds to mortals given Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven~William Goldsmith Brown Tweet It!
5. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.~Sophia Loren Tweet It!
6. If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~Milton Berle Tweet It!
7. Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. ~Meryl Streep Tweet It!
8. Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.~Marion C. Garretty Tweet It!
9. There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child – and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own. ~Robert Brault Tweet It!
10. Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.~William Makepeace ThackerayTweet It!
11. A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.~Robert Brault Tweet It!
It’s a wrap
These quotes validate the positive aspects of motherhood. They speak of moms who are loving, kind, caring and responsive. Mothers who are willing to make sacrifices to nurture their children. Not everyone is fortunate to have a mother with these qualities; hopefully, these quotes inspire you(if you are a mom or mom to be) to be the best mom you can be.
If you had to create a quote for your mom what would it be?
Shameless request – If you enjoyed reading this post, fill out this form to receive my blog post updates by e-mail, AND/OR leave a comment below and share this with your family, friends and Social Media. – Thank you!:-)
Are you stuck in your business or personal life? If you answered yes, you’ll benefit from my FREE strategy session. Contact me today. You’ll be glad you did.