Have your ideas flown away because you lacked creative confidence to give them physical form?
Do you have ideas written in journals, notebooks, napkins, or somewhere else that are gathering dust because you don’t believe in yourself and your ideas to take action to bring them to life?
Did you share an idea with someone only to lose interest after you were told –
That isn’t a good idea.
Where are you going to get the money to do that?
You don’t have the technical skills for this idea. And/or some other idea killer statement.
It’s an idea worth spreading.
And that is exactly what David Kelley did with his Ted talk “How to Build Your Creative Confidence.”
David M. Kelley is an American businessman, entrepreneur, designer, engineer, and teacher. He is the founder and chairman of IDEO. He is also the founder of Stanford University’s Hasso Plattner Institute of Design, known as the d.school, where students studying everything from business to medicine work on building their creativity to collaboratively solve complex problems. And he has co-authored the book” Creative Confidence” with his brother Tom Kelley.
David Kelley is on a mission to help as many people as possible regain the creative confidence they lost along their way.
Here are few of my takeaways from this talk:
1. When you become confident with your creativity you become confident about other areas of your life.
2. Achieving small successes build creative confidence.
3. Everyone (even analyticals ) can tap into their creativity.
4. Do not allow divided thinking “the creatives versus the non-creatives (practical people)” to become your reality.
5. The fear of judgement can suppress your creativity.
6. When you gain creative confidence you’ll work on the things that are really important in your life.
7. Unleashing your creative genius can lead to self-efficacy: believing you can change the world and that you can accomplish what you set out to do.
Watch the video below and unleash your creative confidence. And I challenge you to start working on one of your ideas TODAY. No, don’t wait until tomorrow, do one little thing today to get the ball rolling.
Now It’s Your Turn
Do you have a project that you’ve put on the back burner? If yes, what is the one thing you’re going to do today to bring it to life?
If you ‘re having a difficult time unleashing your creative confidence – you’ll benefit from my FREE strategy session. Contact me today. You’ll be glad you did.
If you enjoyed reading this post, fill out this form to receive my blog post updates by e-mail, AND/OR leave a comment below and share this with your family, friends and Social Media. – Thank you!:-)