“I’m a maniacal perfectionist. And if I weren’t, I wouldn’t have this company…. I have proven that being a perfectionist can be profitable and admirable when creating content across the board: in television, books, newspapers, radio, videos.” ~ Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart shared with Oprah that perfectionism helped her to build a profitable business. However, the vast majority of entrepreneurs and thought leaders believe that perfectionism sabotages an entrepreneur’s success, kills profits, and stops new ideas and innovations from taking form.
I don’t want perfectionism to kill your entrepreneurial dream. I want you to stay on your entrepreneurial journey without the weight of perfectionism. Here are 30 perfectionism quotes to inspire and motivate you to overcome perfectionism to succeed in your business.
30 Perfectionism quotes to inspire entrepreneurial success.
1.” Be OK with getting it wrong. Just keep getting it wrong until you get it right.” ~ Eric Johnson
2. “Experience the joy of forward progress instead of beating yourself up because it’s not.” ~ hopepreneurs.com
3. “Perfectionism is like fear – listen to it, accept its opinion but don’t let it stop you from realizing your dreams!” ~ mihaiherman.com
4. “There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.” ~ Unknown
5. “Perfect is good but done is better.” ~ Jane Hamill
6. “In business perfection is the enemy of profitability.” Mark Cuban
7. “Perfectionism doesn’t make you feel perfect; it makes you feel inadequate.” ~ Maria Shriver
8. “In business perfection is the enemy of profitability.” Mark Cuban
9. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake. You can’t learn anything from being perfect.” ~ Adam Osbourne
10. “Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life” ~ Anne Lamont
11. “I was born to make mistakes. Not fake perfection.” ~ Unknown
12. “Perfectionism is a disease. Procrastination is a disease. Action is the cure.” ~ Richie Norton
13. “Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing. ~ Harriet Braiker
14. “Done is better than perfect.” ~ Unknown
15. “Perfection is often an excuse for perfection.” ~ Paul Graham
16. “Making mistakes is better than faking perfection.” ~ Unknown
17. “Perfection is a roadblock to progress.” ~ Unknown
18. “Perfectionism is a dangerous state of mind in an imperfect world.” ~ Robert Hillyer
20. “In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism. ~ Hannah Arendt
21.“Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor.” ~ Anne Lamott
22. “Perfectionism is the thief of time.” ~ Unknown
23. ” Perfection consist not in doing extraordinary things but in doing ordinary things extraordinary well.”~ Arnauld Angelique
24.“Don’t wait for perfection. Life isn’t perfect. Do the best you can and ship. Real people ship, and then they test and then they ship again. Then you wake up one day and you have something insanely great.” ~ Guy Kawasaki
25. “Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.” Annette Funacello
26. “Don’t judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect. ~ Unknown
27. “Excellence does not require perfection.” ~Henry James
28. “It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.” ~ Denis Waitley
29. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
30. “Have the courage to be imperfect.” ~ Alfred Fidler
It’s a wrap
Perfectionism says – don’t start ( it won’t be good enough). Perfectionism says – don’t finish ( you’ll be criticized). Perfectionism says – don’t take risks ( you’re going to fail). Perfectionism says – don’t collaborate ( they’ll never live up to your expectations).
Perfection is not an entrepreneur’s friend. It will kill your dreams, dampen your spirit and disrupt your entrepreneurial flow. Take back your power from this confidence destroyer. You’ll be unstoppable for your success.
It’s Your Turn
Do you believe that perfectionism helps or hinders success? How has perfectionism impacted your life?
If perfectionism is hindering your success – you’ll benefit from my FREE strategy session. Contact me today. You’ll be glad you did.
If you enjoyed reading this post, fill out this form to receive my blog post updates by e-mail, AND/OR leave a comment below and share this with your family, friends and Social Media. – Thank you!:-)